Booking terms and conditions
Fees apply to bookings. For the current financial year 2021-22, fees are:
- Lawn area hire: $330
- Bond (fully refundable if site left clean and hours not exceeded): $714
- Chair hire: $2 per chair
- Table hire: $10 per table
- Banksia Room hire 1-4 hours: $127
- Banksia Room hire 4 hours or more: $254
- Spotted Gum Pavilion hire: $28 per hour (minimum 2 hrs)
If your event goes beyond the time booked a fee will be deducted without notice from the bond.
Terms and conditions
- Opening and closing times:
Open: 9am to 4pm Wednesday to Sunday, public holidays and every day of the NSW school holidays.
Closed: Mondays and Tuesdays outside NSW school holidays as well as Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday.
- Booking times: Your booking includes set up and pack up time and should take place within opening hours. If your event occurs outside of opening hours, After hours staff support fees apply. The site you have chosen for your ceremony cannot be closed off to the public as the Garden is available for public access during opening hours. However, it can be reserved for your use by signage, except in the play space barbecue area.
- How to pay: We will issue you with an invoice which can be paid on-line or in person on weekdays at Councils Batemans Bay depot or Moruya Council office . A confirmation of booking will be sent once payment has been received.
- Inclement weather: In case of inclement weather it is suggested you arrange an alternative venue for your ceremony. For a small fee the Garden undercover Pavilion, which accommodates up to 60, can be hired as a back up.
- Contact: For preliminary arrangements and on the day of the ceremony should be made via the Garden Visitor Centre.
- Cancelled bookings: If you need to cancel your booking please advise our Garden Visitor Centre. Full refunds will be given within 4 weeks if we receive more than one week’s notice. No refund will be given if cancelled less than one week before your booking date.
- Change of booking times/area: If you wish to change the time or area already booked, please contact the Garden Visitor Centre for approval.
- Map: A map of the Garden is available from the Garden Visitor Centre
- Equipment: Trestle tables can be hired from the Garden at $10 each and chairs $2 each. Other types of furniture or structures are not permitted.
- Vehicle access: Vehicles are not permitted beyond the designated parking areas.
- Decorations: Decorations are not permitted without prior arrangement. No confetti or other scattered decoration is to be used within the Garden.
- Photographs: Photographs may be taken within the Garden during opening hours without additional charge. If time is required after hours, add the staff support time to your payment.
- Music and public address systems: Public address systems and amplifiers are not permitted in the Garden however quiet pre-recorded music or a small live ensemble is permitted.
- During opening hours (eg to supervise any authorised equipment delivery) is charged at $57 per hour.
- After hours is charged at $110 per hour, minimum two hours.
- Functions catered for by the Garden Café out of normal operating hours are required to finish by 9pm.
For more information
Please contact us with any requests or questions not covered here:
- T: 4471 2544
- W: send an enquiry