Donate or volunteer
Getting involved in the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden is a rewarding experience. You can do your bit for the environment, meet interesting people, keep active and take part in a range of activities.
You can help support the Garden in many ways by volunteering, giving a donation or by joining Friends. Friends work with Eurobodalla Council to achieve the Garden's conservation, recreational and educational goals. They support the Garden in all different ways, including:
- promoting the Garden
- supporting special events and significant projects.
Whatever way you decide to get involved in the Garden, every level of support helps.
If you're unable to volunteer, you can still help support the Garden. You can make a donation or become a sponsor - the choice is yours. Every donation, whether large or small, will make a difference.
If you'd like to donate to the Garden and help support the conservation of our region's threatened and endangered species, you can contact the Manager:
We involve our volunteers in most aspects of work at the Garden. No matter what skills you have, your valued contribution will help to develop the Garden. There are many options to choose from and these include:
- Visitor services: meet and greet visitors, hand out information, process sales to raise funds for the Garden, assist with education programs, and guided walks.
- In the Garden: planting, pruning, weeding, mulching, mowing, landscaping, track work, fencing, maintain paths, bridges and furniture, and cleaning signs.
- In the nursery: propagating, growing, collecting seeds and cuttings, nursery maintenance and data entry.
- Fundraising activities: taking part in sausage sizzles, helping at special events, making jams and pickles.
- In the Herbarium: collecting, pressing, storing and data entry.
How to become a volunteer
Join our growing team of volunteers, learn new skills or use old ones to benefit the environment and community. You'll meet new friends and learn more about our regional native plants. Talk to our Visitor Centre staff about how you can get involved.
The first step you can take to become a Garden volunteer is to take part in one of our induction sessions held at the Garden every second month.
To find out more information about how you can become a volunteer, drop into our Visitor Centre, give us a call or get in touch with us:
- T: 4471 2544
- W: Online enquiry