Friends of the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden (ERBG), in partnership with the Eurobodalla Shire Council, invite photographers to enter this annual competition.
All entrants have a chance to win prizes and have their images selected for exhibition and inclusion in the 2024 Botanic Garden Calendar.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Images must be taken in the botanic garden during the last 12 months.
Entries are now open
- Entries close: 29 September 2023, 4pm
- Photographic competition rules, submission instructions, entry form and photo consent form (265.5 KB)
Sections and prizes
The competition will award three prizes in the junior section (under 18 years) and four prizes in the open section. The public will have the opportunity to vote on their favourite image, which will win the People’s Choice Award.
All images included in the 2023 exhibition will be available for sale to the public.
- Open section - the first-place winner in each of the four categories will receive $300.
- Junior section - three prizes will be awarded:
- $250 - first prize
- $100 - second prize
- $50 - third prize.
- The People’s Choice Award winner will receive $250.
- Winners will be announced at the opening of the exhibition and calendar launch on 20 October 2023.
- The People’s Choice Award winner will be announced at the close of the exhibit.
- Flowers, foliage and fungi.
- Trees and landscapes.
- Wildlife - all animals, birds, reptiles and insects.
- People in the garden.
The junior section accepts photographs of any subject or category.
Rules and conditions of entry
To be eligible for exhibition and judging, all entries must comply with these rules and conditions:
- A maximum of ten high resolution entries - they can be in one or over all the categories.
- No printed images are required.
- All images are to have been taken over the last 12 months and within the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden.
- Entries submitted to previous ERBG photographic competitions are not eligible for entry.
- All entrants must sign the ERBG Photo Consent Form on this page.
- Competition organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry or move an entry to another category.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Should the entries in any category fall below the standard required by organisers and judges, the organisers reserve the right not to award prizes.
- Competition organisers will limit the number of entries exhibited.
- Competition organisers reserve the right to select the final entries for the 2024 Botanic Garden Calendar.
- Competition organisers will select, print and mount in A3, all entries eligible for exhibition. All exhibited prints will remain the property of ERBG.
- A condition of entry is that submission of images gives automatic consent to the ERBG to use those images for exhibition, advertising or fundraising purposes.
For more information about the photographic competition, contact our visitor centre:
- T: 02 4471 2544
- E: Botanic Garden visitor centre